The Hors Categorie is a professional-level road racing tire with a 120 TPI casing. The Hors Categorie offers two different rubber hardnesses to optimize your ride. The harder 62a center has ultra-low rolling resistance and wears slowly, while the softer 57a side offers incredible grip in tight corners. The casing is nylon with a 2-ply breaker for strength and durability.
"After 9 years of racing on tubulars, I wasn't looking forward to putting clinchers on my race bike. When I put 130psi in my Maxxis Hors Categorie tires, I couldn't tell the difference except in my wallet."
-Luke Stockwell, Jittery Joe's/Choco-Andean Eco-Coffee Pro Cycling Team
- High Performance Dual Compound Road Racing Tire
- 57a outer/62a inner durometer
- 62a inner compound provides long wear and low rolling resistance
- 57a outer compound provides cornering grip
- Slick Road tread provides superior traction in all road racing conditions
- 2-ply nylon breaker for increased puncture resistance
- 130psi folding tire; starting weight, 195 grams